Bill Mayer (Art portfolio blog)

BILL MAYER


Bill Mayer is an artist living in Georgia. He is best known for his weird illustrated creatures that have been featured in many things. He also does gouache paintings.

To me Mayer's gouache paintings are visually interesting and the more you look at them the more you notice. Some of them give of a creepy vibe and most look Victorian with a weird twist. I really like these paintings and I find them very visually interesting.
 Image result for bill mayerRelated imageImage result for bill mayer

Mayer's illustrations are very fun and I love the bright colors. They have great facial expressions and are very creative. I find his work to be very unique.
Image result for bill mayerImage result for bill mayerImage result for bill mayer character illustration

Comments

  1. I agree entirely with his painting to be very unique. The first image reminded me of the masks that the doctors would wear during the time of the Black Plague. I like the colorful pictures at the bottom. Some of the creatures reminded me of the ones in a computer game I used to play when I was younger. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how he combined an animal and give it a humanistic (idk if thats a word or not) trait, like putting a crow in a victorian dress and having the legs come out as arms. I admire Mayer's attention to detail, like even in the trees at the back of the second piece and the highlights on the dress. Super interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts