Blog on Yves Tanguy

Raymond Georges Yves Tanguy

January 5, 1900 - January 15,1955



Yves Tanguy was born in Paris France in 1900. He does surrealist paintings, normally of abstract landscapes. He is similar to Joan Miro in that they were both painters int the early 1900s, did surrealism and used abstract shapes.


I like the color of the sky in this piece and the way the clouds/dust in the background looks against it.

I also like the color palette in this one and the way the shapes melt.

I like the bright light shining through the clouds/fog in the sky and the way the red stands out against the turquoise. I also like the shiny smoothness of the objects in front.

I like the modern feel this piece first gave me and know how it looks like a town made out of snow.
 
I like how the shapes seem 2-D and how intricate they are. I also like how the way he did the background makes it look like its flying or moving and the blurry dots make it look like it's snowing.

Comments

Popular Posts