Blog on artist Jeff Soto

Artist Jeff Soto


Jeff Soto is a painter, illustrator and muralist who currently lives in California. When he was young he did painting and illegal graffiti. I like the dark/ night feel color palette he tends to use and the fantasy theme. I also like how some of his paintings feel like a different quest you're on with different characters.

Related image
In this piece I like the different shapes of the trees and how the background/sky gives you a fantasy feel. I also enjoy how he did the fur on the bat.

Image result for jeff soto nightmare
In this piece I like the flying boat with the creature who's to big to fit in it. I like how you cat tell how big they are with the rocks underneath them. I also like the little creatures accompanying the big green one.

 Image result for jeff soto nightmare
In this one I like the twisting of the staff and the mist sitting on the water. I enjoy the size contrast of the two creatures and how they have different faces.


Image result for jeff soto
In this one I like the right rainbow colors and the neon green used for the garden on its back. I like how the tips of the antlers are rounded and then the jagged stone like teeth.

Comments

Popular Posts